Thursday, February 16, 2012

Uncorrected Proofs.

Here is a list. If I were to encounter my confused 16 year old self, I would give him this stack of records. It's not a greatest or essential list. (Not even the best album by some of the artists.) It's a list about establishing an attitude towards music that would have been useful; I wish these albums had been the bulk of my music listening when I was a teenage. (Only a few of them were.) I wish this had been my starting point.

1.   Siamese Dreams, Smashing Pumpkins
2.   Horses, Patti Smith
3.   Tennessee, Lucero
4.   Transformer, Lou Reed
5.   Icky Mettle, Archers of Loaf
6.   Left and Leaving, The Weakerthans
7.   Gold, Ryan Adams
8.   Being There, Wilco
9.   The Greatest, Cat Power
10. Let It Be, The Replacements
11. Vitalogy, Pearl Jam
12. Chelsea Girl, Nico
13. Lonsesome Crowded West, Modest Mouse
14. The Heart of Saturday Night, Tom Waits
15. Disintengration, The Cure
16. Different Class, Pulp
17. London Calling, The Clash
18. Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen
19. Out of Time, R.E.M,
20. People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm, A Tribe Called Quest 

No comments:

Post a Comment