Saturday, March 31, 2012

Scared of the Youth, Scared of What's Next!

As I sit here in the quiet house in San Jose all by myself with rain slightly pouring outside and spring training baseball on TV...it's kind of a bitter sweet feeling knowing that my last 'real' spring break is almost over...part of me feels like I should wait till Spring Break is over to write about it but eh.

I started my break off by seeing Mike Huguenor play a solo set at the Blank Club in San Jose. Mike plays in couple amazing bands such as Shinobu, Hard Girls and Classics of Love. He recently started a graduate program at Chicago so it had been a while since I saw him. After the show I got a chance to talk about what he is researching and look forward to talking to him again in future about his studies.
I also got to see Fake Problems open up for Say Anything. They had a 30 minute set which included six songs. Also got a chance to see the new guitarist.


The day later, I went up to Berkeley to see Yulia and Hard Girls play at 924 Gilman Street...Hard Girls played 'Masters of the Universe'...they never play that song.

I spent the rest of my break camping at Julia Pfiffer Burns State Park. Our campsite was right by the ocean which was awesome. I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I love the ocean, there is noting else in this world that is more soothing that just sitting and staring at the ocean. 


There is something about dangling off cliffs and looking down to a fifty feet drop into rocks and ocean. It's scary but also in a way a direct pure connection with the ocean. 

hmm that is all for now I guess....56 days till Graduation. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the camping pictures. Especially the first one. You don't see the ocean meeting the forest like that in the mid-Atlantic.

    Nice post and happy graduation a couple of months early! :)

    ReplyDelete