Monday, October 8, 2012

Day One

I've been thinking lately...I'm getting older, starting to compromise or sacrifice to follow my delusional dreams but at what point is that compromise worth it. I mean I went to college, got a degree and was told "You'll have the jobs you want and go out and do it." but then we inherit a shit economy and we sit around wondering what to do about it.

My mom has this whole thing that you work an X number of hours at something and that's what you get out of it and that's whats going to make you successful at something, but I'm not sure if I agree or believe in that anymore. I think part of it has to do with being born in the right time and the right place. I mean I excelled in school, did what my parents told me to do and still...it;s a matter of time and place and coming of age in the right time and right place or wrong time and wrong place.

It's just a lot of dealing with the cognitive dissonance between what I thought I was capable of and fighting the reality of what I am likely going to get and have to deal with.

Maybe this is it, I just have to come to terms that it is the wrong time and wrong place for me and that as much as I want to believe it will get better, it won't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment