Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Strange Strange Girl

So a week or so ago, The Airborne Toxic Event released their sophomore full-length. Many people around me love it and some of my friends asked me what I thought about it. I couldn't give them a true answer because I don't know how I feel about it.
I have listened to the album few times, from beginning to end with no distractions in between but will it ever top the debut self titled full length? To me, I doubt it.

Back in 2008 and 2009, they were a big part of my life. Living near Los Angeles, I saw em multiple times. I will always associate them with certain memories. Going to San Francisco for the first time on a Wednesday night when I was 18 to see em play a shack hole type place with the Henry Clay People. Going to downtown LA and one of the sketchiest place I have ever been to on a cold December night with two friends of mine because Mikel was going to play couple songs by himself at some guy's living room. Sneaking into the Mezz Bar through the Alexandria Hotel because the people working at the door wouldn't let us in because my friend and I were not 21.

I have fond memories from following this the “little band from Los Feliz” (their words).

So when I listen to the new album, watch the music video for 'Changing' I have almost no emotional response to it. To me its just there.

No comments:

Post a Comment