Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer Writing Project.

So, I'm back in Irvine. The plane ride was annoying, my flight got delayed twice due to 'Air Traffic.' This boggles me, I thought we created airplanes to avoid traffic.
All in all, it's nice to be back. I get to sleep on a real bed for the next ten days and get to eat good food.

This morning I did an inventory of all the CDs' I own. So my idea for the summer writing project is to write or blog about each album that I have bought physically. Maybe write when I bought it, why I bought it and what got me into the band/album...there are couple albums in my collection that I haven't listened to in years so it will be fun re-visiting them and trying to figure why I bought it in the first place.

I woke up this morning with an email from the Ten Club saying my pre-order of Eddie Vedder's new album has been shipped. I know there is a stream of it on NPR but I am going to try my darn hardest to avoid listening to it until I have the physical copy in hand. Something about an ukelele album recorded by my favorite singer plus a song which is a duet with Chan Marshall (who I'm absolutely in love with) get's me pretty excited.....might be the perfect summer album.

I also pre-ordered the new Frank Turner album last night. I got the deluxe version of the album which for some reasons is $7 more than the normal version. I have never spent $23 on one album in my life...I hope I never have to again. I hope this one is worth it.

So I'm going to enjoy the ten days I have here in Southern California and start with the writing project once the Eddie Vedder album arrives. I think I have a total of 80-something albums. Should be fun.

Couldn't resist turning my phone on during mid-flight to take a picture of the glowing lights.
'Somewhere on the Golden Coast'

1 comment: