Sunday, July 10, 2011

Radio Nowhere

July 10, 2011

Today is my last day in San Jose, I leave tomorrow morning for Irvine. At the moment, I'm sitting on the couch listening to Bruce Springsteen and waiting for time to pass by so I can head to the San Jose Giants game already.

The past few weeks in San Jose have been different that what I had expected. Besides from going to class twice a week and once in a while going to the track, I tried couple new things. It's funny how simply saying 'Yes' can change your day. I went to Santa Cruz twice this past month, that's more than I have been during my previous three years in Northern California. I also went to the pet store few weeks ago for the very first time in my life. I think I'm finally getting a sense of what kind of people I want to be surrounded by, I can only hope that these people stay with me for the rest of my life. The other day my best friend told me "the key to life is surrounding yourself with people that make you happy." I am starting to believe this is true.

I'm not sure what to expect for the 30 days or so while I stay in Irvine. Part of me is excited to go back and hit the Jacuzzi every other night, play pick up Soccer and eat home cooked food but I know all these expectations can be killed really easily.

Tomorrow morning I hope on a bus for a 7hr long ride to Southern California. At the moment I playlist includes lots of Lucero and Bruce Springsteen. A friend of mine let me borrow 'Catcher in the Rye' few weeks back, I'm halfway through the book and hopefully I can finish it tomorrow.

I could really use some Ice Cream right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment